Saturday, October 25, 2008

Failure

Do you ever wake up thinking you're the biggest failure in life? Do you ever look back and realize how there's not one thing you can actually do that you're proud of? Do you ever wake up and think of yourself as an ugly spot on the whole of humankind? The best part, do people constantly tell you how you're a failure and not good enough for anything and anyone? Have you ever been told you can't even be called an underachiever because at least an underachiever has the potential to do well but just don't work to do well? The worst part of all this is that you had been given all the opportunities in the world to do better, but still you landed up becoming a loser.

Welcome to the cruel world.

I guess I just never saw that I was that bad in the past. I always thought I was alright. I believed I had the right ideas, that I was at least on the smarter side. I thought I was a pretty decent writer and poet, though I guess now that people have pointed out how much my stuff sucks, I can't really say that anymore. I considered myself sporty, though I guess I'm not that either as I have realized I'm no good in that. Then there's so much I just wish I had done in my life that I didn't do, and now I feel so awful for not having done them. At least if I would've done them, I could've been able to say I'm good at something, if things turned out well at least.

I guess the biggest mistake I made was thinking I was alright in the first place. So after three years it just hurts to be reminded of how most of my life was a lie, how I was always a loser and never realized it. And what do I have to say about this? I'm tired.

3 comments:

charu sareen said...

i think u bother 2 much abt wot others hv 2 say....the secret 2 being happy is nt 2 giv a damn abt wot others r sayin...okay.....coz ppl wil say wot they wanna....coz tht is wot they hv big mouths nd even bigger toungues......so if u r hvin these feelings jst coz sum1 said al this 2 u then its nt a problem u r jst talkin 2 the wrong ppl nd as far as i cn c u r doin pretty well......studies,sports,novels,series....so dont bother jst try 2 stay happy...nd dont giv a damn...:D

Monalisa said...

Ever noticed how successful are the ones to dictate terms, break rules, set new standards?? ever noticed how they only talk bout how they overcame the odds,to enjoy their position as opposed to how good it feels to be successful.
Where's the sense in allowing yourself to be labelled a success or a failure by anybody else ?
Is it not about living life on your terms ?
Is that not why we get each day and try to win, excel,and out perform?
Success and happiness are relative.
Its your life and you have to live it by your standards of succes or failure.
Conformity never has any examples of acheivement and excellence.

Anonymous said...

too harsh words there... i dont know you, jst stumbled upon your blog, but knowing that u r engg student i know u must be pretty young. trust me u r not a failure, you havent even got opportunities to fail... there is lifetime of achievements left in store for you. Everybody faces testing confusing times. Its not a time to be down and out. go open that long-unopened trunk of yours and take out your bright beautiful wings. Its time you fly...