Saturday, September 29, 2007

Winds of Change

It's been a while since I've written, more due to a lack of topic than lack of time. Lately, I've been sleeping too much, and obviously haven't been studying at all, so time is definitely not a factor. Exams are just around the corner, and I'm still thinking about how I should start studying (the usual pre-exam "trauma" I pass through every time)...

Yesterday morning, I didn't have class until twelve noon, so I was sitting in my room, trying to analyse my personality. I did find many faults which I will have to correct, and along with that, there are many things about my outlook towards life which I have to change.

Let's say five years ago, you'd imagine yourself as you are now, and you'd think of yourself as a very different person than you became. It's all well and good if you became a better person than you thought you'd become, but if you changed for the worse, then it's always a little sad to think about how you let it happen. I guess I can't say that I've completely changed for the worse, yes, I do have some regrets, but I'm working hard to fix them, but what really bugs me is the fact that certain aspects of my personality changed in a very negative manner. Now it's these particular aspects which I want to work on to better myself as a person.

Now as for my outlook towards life, trust me, it's not a happy outlook. I have got to work on getting more self confidence, and work on becoming more optimistic.

I believe that if I really work on the above things (and I say really, because knowing myself, I'll probably put it off for later...procrastination procrastination...), I should get much closer to the person I wanted to become. Any suggestions on how I can work on the above will be appreciated...

6 comments:

Abhishek Baranwal said...

u have not specified ur probs

Anita said...

hello,
when you have realized that you should have a positive approach in life i think that moment only the negative attitude vanished so dont worry about working on it.

Anonymous said...

hi,
as u said tht u wnt to be more optimistic the only way to tht is not to compare urslf with neone else.u r a totally diff person frm everyone else u hav ur own qualities,try focussing on them.dnt run blindly behind the things u find a reason of jealous in others.just find out wat u want nd work on it.
best of luck on the way of being a person u wnt to be.

Anonymous said...

do u have a premium account of sitemeter or its just the ordinary version. plz answer quickly

Anonymous said...

hey, as a fellow victim of a disease called procastination n serious issues wid ego... (remember iq tests ). The only thing I can say is its a tough world out dere... n any given second u will find people doubting ur abilities. Just remember IF...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


IF.....


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
by Rudyard Kipling
wid due respect to the great man.

i hope this helps...
n i am sure 5 yrs down the line, if our paths ever cross, when i wld meet u wld have come a lot more closer to the perfect person u aspire to be. :)

Abhishek Baranwal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.